“Human Rights Ambassadors” Project
Development for People and Nature Association, DPNA in partnership with the Netherlands Embassy in Lebanon is implementing “Human Rights Ambassadors” project, which aims to increase the awareness on human rights, social justice and civic responsibilities. It deals with issues at the grassroots level, thus increasing the participation of citizens in decision-making process locally and regionally.
To achieve this goal, DPNA will train social activists, young municipal members, youth, teachers and citizens on human rights culture, in addition to building the capacities of team of trainers from the local communities.
The project will target south of Lebanon in its first year, and will be developed to reach other governorates in the coming 2 years. Through the project activities we will be able to launch a pilot grassroots project which will raise the awareness of citizens from the rural areas on the human rights culture.
- Promoting culture of human rights and constitution in the local communities.
- Enhancing access of citizens to their political and civic rights.
- Encouraging citizens to act for full implementation of human rights declaration in the rural area.
- Organizing 2 training workshops (30 participants each) on issues of human rights in the community
- Organizing Training of trainers workshop (participants will be selected from the previous trainings)
- Developing and Producing “Human Rights and local communities” guide: ** Human Rights and local communities Guide will include a summary of the human rights declaration progress, in addition to the most important world summits and its effect on the national level. The guide will focus on providing citizens with tools and techniques to lead human rights initiatives, and will document success of previous projects and initiatives in Lebanon related to human rights. This activity will be targeting the national level not only South of Lebanon.
- Holding Youth Summer Camp
Check the Photo Gallery of this project.