Eye on Peace 2011
Eye on Peace 2011 is a continuity and sustainability of the project that started in 2010, which aimed at contributing to decrease violent actions among youth and protecting them from being part of potential conflicts, through increasing their knowledge and involvement in peace actions.
To achieve this vision DPNA team with the support and partnership of ifa-zivik worked to increase the awareness and the motivation of youth activists, youth stakeholders and volunteers on the importance of building sustainable peace culture. The project objectives were the following: (1) providing youth with free interactive spaces for expression and discussions related to peace, (2) building bridges between youth from different religious and political backgrounds, from inside and outside Lebanon using interactive channels and (3) encouraging youth peaceful leaderships and initiatives in the Lebanese community.
The project targeted main areas of conflict and diversity in each of the 6 governorates in Lebanon. Through Eye on Peace 2011, the following peace actions were implemented:
- Training the 20 national peace trackers from 1st year to become professional trainers on “Youth and Peace Culture” guide through 2 TOT workshops.
- Organizing 6 regional training workshops on guide content targeting community activists in local CSOs and stakeholders in different areas of Lebanon.
- Supporting the following peace initiatives that were led by peace trackers themselves:
- Saida round tables on developing drugs prevention and rehabilitation strategy with the participation of the municipality, teachers, parents, experts, religious men, NGOs platform and youth.
- NGOs from Saida and Jezzine gathered in Bkassine Natural reserve to plan for joint actions.
- Marjayoun Celebration to honor the former president of the Lebanese Orchestra the late Walid Gholmeyeh.
- Youth from Baalbek area participated in the national Marathon under the slogan “run for peace”.
- Sustaining project website and e-newsletter.
"Eye on Peace" 2011 was developed and designed with the participation of the national peace trackers from 1st year and it is because of their great role in the success of the project 1st year they had a greater role in the action plan of “Eye on Peace” 2011.
You can download the complete document about the project "Eye On Peace 2010" from this link
Check the Photo Gallery of this project.