Youth and Municipalities… Step Forward
Youth and Municipalities… Step Forward is a training program aimed at increasing youth active participation in the local political life.
The direct objectives of Step Forward are:
OBJECTIVE 1: Lebanese youth gain a deep understanding of the democratic process, including their rights and responsibilities as active citizens
OBJECTIVE 2: Lebanese youth understand how municipal councils work
OBJECTIVE 3: Lebanese youth demonstrate willingness to run for municipal office in 2010
OBJECTIVE 4: Lebanese youth demonstrate willingness to manage and/or work on municipal campaigns in 2010
Step Forward is targeting the Mount Lebanon Governorate under the new vision to ensure the nationality of this program. This will be achieved through the following:
- 2006: 7 chosen municipalities
- 2007: 10 chosen municipalities from all over Lebanon
- 2008: Mount Lebanon Governorate
- 2009: North Lebanon, Beqaa, and South Lebanon Governorates
- 2010: “Best of” – 1 on 1 trainings with potential candidates
To spread culture of peace, trust and understanding.
You can download the Youth and Municipalities Report from here